Last weekend the Carel Kraayenhof Ensemble played a short series of concerts together with the Dutch Chamber Orchestra, under the direction of concert master Gordan Nikolić.
The well known guitar player Izhar Elias made a special soloist participation, as well as Carel Kraayenhof played as a soloist in a few pieces together with the Orchestra.
Something also very special in this program was the number of Carel’s own compositions.
The concert played on the 15th of February will be broadcasted on the 19th of March on the Dutch channel NPO 4.
1. Astor Piazzolla-dubbelconcert for guitar, bandoneon and strings
2. Alexander Borodin- Nocturne
3. Isaac Albenniz – Suite Espanola, op.47:
4. Leo Brouwer – Danzas Concertantes for guitar and strings
6. Astor Piazzolla from: De Jaargetijden: ‘Ivierno Portenos’
7. Astor Piazzolla from: De Jaargetijden: ‘Otono’
* Kraayenhof – Aleppo
8. Carel Kraayenhof – Suite Compasion
9. Carel Kraayenhof – Bamestra –
for more information: